Home Computer Set-Up for MyITLab for Office 2010/2007
If you are using the Legacy Version, visit our Legacy Version Home Computer Set-Up page.
One-Step Installer & Launch Tool
This is for Office 2010 users ONLY. If you are using Office 2007, skip this step.
The One-Step Installer & Launch Tool will install all the necessary MyITLab files on your home machine, and make all important setting adjustments for you. It is a critical tool for your success in using the program throughout the academic term, as it is designed to make your experience with the product more simplistic. Additionally, it will place an icon on your desktop that you will use for easy access to the MyITLab login page for the remainder of the term. Follow the steps below to begin the process.
Important: Watch this video prior to downloading the One-Step Installer & Launch Tool.Download the One-Step Installer & Launch Tool ›
- When prompted, click Run to initiate the process (do not select Save).
- Follow the prompts on the screen, and complete each of the wizards to finish installing all necessary elements.
- Once complete, close ALL internet browser windows that you might have open.
- Locate the new Launch MyITLab icon now on your desktop. Double-click the icon and begin logging into MyITLab.
- EVERY TIME you access MyITLab on your home computer, close ALL browser windows and then click the Launch MyITLab icon on your desktop. (You do not need to access this One-Step Installer & Launch Tool download page anymore. Just use the icon on your desktop.) Ensuring a successful experience with MyITLab, the Launch MyITLab icon will perform the following actions:
- Empty your Temporary Internet Files.
- Set your screen resolution to the optimal setting for MyITLab (1024x768) and reset your screen resolution when Internet Explorer is closed.
- Launch Internet Explorer and take you to the MyITLab website.
Note: If you are an INTERNET EXPLORER 9 user, when you click to download the One-Step Installer & Launch Tool you will receive a warning message in a new window. To continue with the installation, click the Actions button. On the next screen click More Options and then click Run Anyway. This process will NOT harm your computer.
Should you experience difficulty in using the One-Step Installer & Launch Tool on your home machine, please contact Customer Technical Support. You can also use the below resources in addition to or instead of the above tool.
The MyITLab Installation Wizard helps you install the software you need to access and complete the exercises and multimedia content in your MyITLab course. Click the link in the box to the left -- Follow the steps on screen to install the files and players you'll need to complete your MyITLab course.
Choose ONE of the versions below to run the Installation Wizard:Office 2010 › Office 2007 ›
The Home Diagnostic Tool Kit will assist students running MyITLab at home to ensure their system is set up to run MyITLab at optimum performance. The tool performs a series of diagnostic checks on the machine and then provides feedback.
To run the Home Diagnostic Tool, you need to download the homediagnostic.exe file (396 KB) to your hard drive. Follow the steps below to download and run the Home Diagnostic Tool Kit. For more detailed instructions, click here.
- Click the button above. When prompted, click the Save button.
- Save the file homediagnostic.exe to a location on your Desktop (or other location on your hard drive).
- Close Internet Explorer.
- Locate the file homediagnostic.exe on your Desktop (or other location on your hard drive) and then double-click it.
- Click Scan Machine to run the diagnostic tool.
- If Warning appears for any of the checks, click on the word Warning for further help and instructions from Pearson's support resources.
Each computer is set up differently, which may cause incorrect Warning messages to appear. If you receive a Warning message indicating your hardware is not sufficient for MyITLab and think this is in error, we recommend you follow the steps below to manually check your system settings and confirm your computer meets the system requirements.
- Right-click My Computer in the Start menu or on the Desktop.
- Click Properties.
- If needed, click the General tab to view your system settings.
Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Right-click Computer in the Start menu.
- Click System Properties to view your system settings.
- Once you have adjusted settings for any Warnings, scan your machine again.
- You can save a copy of the diagnostic report to your hard drive by clicking Export Report.
- Once all checks pass, you are ready to run MyITLab!